There is a known issue with Google’s Chrome browser being used to access Sharepoint websites (our website). The Chrome browser has been known to prompt users for a username and password for sites that do not require being logged in to browse the site but have a login available. At this time there is not a known fix for this issue on Chrome.
The best solution for this is to use Firefox or Internet Explorer which correctly render the website.
A workaround for this is to add the IETab extension to your home installation of Chrome. To do this:
· Click on tools (the wrench)
· Choose Extensions
· Click “Browse the Gallery”
· Search for IETab
· Choose the first option “IE Tab by Blackfish Software”
· Click Install
· Click the IE tab folder Button
· Click the Auto URLs button
Add http://www.ashevillecityschools.net/* to the list
· Add http://www.ashevillecityschools.net/Pages/default.aspx to the list
· Add http://www.ashevillecityschools.net to the list
· Click OK
· Restart Chrome
Note: If http://www.ashevillecityschools.net is your home page you will possibly need to refresh every time you start your browser.