If you reside in the Asheville City Schools district, you will need to submit the following documents:
1. Completed magnet application
2. Certified copy of student's birth certificate (a copy is OK)
3. Photo ID of one of the parents
4. Two proofs of residence (one must be a utility bill (power, water, gas) and the other must be a lease/mortgage statement/deed/etc.)
5. If your child in enrolling in Asheville City Schools and he/she has attended any other school outside of this district in grades K through 5, you will also need to complete an Affidavit A. This document must be notarized.
If you reside outside of the Asheville City Schools district, you will need to submit all documentation listed above. You will also need to submit the following to complete your application:
1. Discretionary Admission Application
2. A copy of the student's transcript from previous school that indicates good standing in regards to attendance, grades and behavior -- If you are applying for a rising kindergartener, you can submit a letter from your child's preschool program stating that your child is in good standing and ready for the transition to kindergarten. If your child is a rising kindergartener and is not currently attending a preschool program, you may simply submit the Discretionary Admission Application.
***If you are in the ACS district and submit your application by March 17, 2014, we will mail written notice regarding student assignment no later than April 28, 2014. If you live outside of the ACS district and you submit your application by March 17, 2014, we will mail written notice regarding student assignment no later than May 30, 2014. Any applications submitted after March 17 will be reviewed and placed as they are received. We will send out placement letters to these applicants as soon as possible.***