Please see the various resources below which detail all you need to know about graduation requirements.
6 Year Plan: Use the ACS 6 Year Plan worksheet to help you plan which classes you would like to take throughout high school to fulfill your graduation requirements, meet your needs, and explore your interests.
AHS/SILSA Graduation Requirements - click here for printable document
Graduation Requirements: 28 total credits including...
Subject Area Required # of Credits
- English I (standard or honors level)
- English II (standard or honors level)
- English III (standard or honors level)
or AP Language and Composition
- English IV (standard or honors level)
or AP Literature
- Math I (standard or honors level)
- Math II (standard or honors level)
- Math III (standard or honors level)
- 4th Math (Pre-Calculus Honors, Math 4 (standard only), Discrete Math for Computer Science (honors only), AP Statistics)
- AP Calc is also available as a higher level math option.
*Social Studies 4
- World History (standard or honors level)
- Civic Literacy (standard or honors level)
- American History (standard or honors level)
or AP US History
- Economics and Personal Finance (standard or honors level)
- Earth/Environmental Science (standard or honors level)
- Biology I (standard or honors level)
- One of: Chemistry, Physics or Physical Science
Required Electives 3
- 9th Grade Health and PE
- 1 Art Credit
- 1 CTE Credit
- CPR Certification (no credit awarded)
Additional important information:
*New Social Studies
For students entering high school beginning in the 2021-2022 school year and beyond:
- World History
- Founding Principles of the United States of America and North Carolina: Civic Literacy
- Economics and Personal Finance
- American History
*Economics and Personal Finance is required for students who entered 9th grade in 2020-2021
There is no World Language requirement for graduation.
Two credits of the same World Language are required for admission into a 4-year college or university.
Please reach out to your school counselor with any questions.