NCDPI CTE Local Planning System
CTE Local Planning System
What is a Local Planning System (LPS)?
The mission of CTE is to help empower students for effective participation in an international economy as world-class workers and citizens. Programs in Career and Technical Education are designed to contribute to the broad educational achievement of students, including basic skills such as reading, writing and mathematics, as well as their ability to work independently and as part of a team, think creatively and solve problems, and utilize technology.
Local Education Agencies (LEAs) use the Local Planning System (LPS) for strategic planning, managing performance, and being accountable for CTE at local, state, and federal levels. The LPS has transformed from being a mechanism for approval and release of state and federal CTE funds to one for strategic planning, improving performance, and assuring accountability. Local plans must outline strategies for continuous improvement of results of their students on performance indicators. These results are reported for each LEA overall, by No Child Left Behind subgroups and academic disadvantage, by program areas and career clusters, and by College Tech Prep. Administrators in each LEA must develop strategies to address improvement of performance by each reported category.
Through the LPS, local CTE administrators are able to:
- Analyze measurable performance based on trend information.
- Analyze system and subsystem performance based on relevant subcategories crucial to stakeholders and customers.
- Set rational short- and long-term benchmarks.
- Locate like organizations performing well in order to benchmark them.
- Develop strategies based on the greatest opportunities for improvement (OFIs).
- Allocate resources based in the greatest OFIs.
- Be accountable for the above.
Anyone can log into the system to view each LEA’s strategic plan and performance results using a username of guest and a password of guest.
Link to the NCDPI CTE Local Planning System
- On the left side of the page, select Log in
- Enter guest in the Username field
- Enter guest in the Password field
- Select Login