SPECIAL POPULATIONS & EDUCATIONAL EQUITY
“Special Populations” is unique to CTE, and specifically defined by Perkins legislation. Students must be, or have been, enrolled in Career and Technical Education courses to be included in Special Populations.
WHO ARE THE SPECIAL POPULATIONS?
SPECIAL POPULATIONS include:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including low-income youth and adults
- Individuals preparing for non-traditional fields
- Single parents, including single pregnant women
- Out-of-workforce individuals
- English learners
- Homeless individuals
- Youth who are in, or have aged out of the foster care system
- Youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces, and is on active duty
Michael Luther - Special Populations Coordinator
Office: AHS - CTE Room 506