Message from the Assistant Superintendent of Administrations
Welcome to our department webpage. My name is Mark Dickerson and I am very proud to serve as the Assistant Superintendent of Administration.
The Department of Administration supports the academic and administrative goals of Asheville City Schools by ensuring effective leadership and support services in the following areas of the school system: Exceptional Children's Program, Transportation, Student Enrollment, Student Support Services and Maintenance. We will continue to work diligently to support the district’s strategic plan by providing innovative services through development and offering of high quality goods and services focused on all stakeholders. We are committed to strategic business partnerships that continuously improves value and enhances the overall experience of our students.
If you have any questions about our programs or support services, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 828-350-6122 or by emailing Kristy Coats ( (firstname.lastname@example.org), Administrative Assistant. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for putting your trust in us to provide your children with a world-class education. We look forward to working with you throughout the school year to ensure the success of all of our students. I am excited about the work, challenges, and successes that lie ahead for all of us.
Mark Dickerson, Ed.D
Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Administrations
Dr. Mark Dickerson
- Preserve a clean facility for current and future generations of students by practicing continuous high standards of maintenance, sustainability and renovation
- Recruit, support, develop and retain excellent staff who are committed to service and to the vision and goal of Asheville City Schools
- Maintain a safe environment in our district through Safety and Security
- Provide safe transportation services for all eligible students
- Prepare nutritious meals for all students through Child Nutrition
- Give students opportunities to participate in Athletic activities