Volunteer at Vance
Volunteers are welcome at Vance. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be happy to talk to you about volunteering at Vance. You can leave a message for our coordinator at the main number, 828-350-6600.
Some of the ways you can volunteer include:
* Classrooms: read to students, help in center activities
*School Festivals: need help running booths, games, food preparation
* Garden Helpers: to work in the garden with students during school hours
and after school hours for special events
* Media Center: help shelve books, assist at the book sales
QUALIFICATIONS:Suitability based on ACS Board Policy 5015 and 5015-P.
• Availability, dependability, reliability, friendliness and flexibility.
• Awareness of and willingness to follow all school district or state mandated criteria.
• Special talents or abilities that help to enrich the school program.
• Recognition that accepting an assignment is a serious commitment.
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding students and school personnel.
• A desire and interest in working with children and youth.
• A willingness to learn and to follow directions while working with students.
Only Level II Volunteers are required to have a background check completed before they can begin working with students.
Level I Volunteers only need to login through IdentaKid when on campus and participating in Level I activities.Level I Volunteers
Level II Volunteers
- Do not have unsupervised contact with students.
- Level I Volunteers may help with PTO/PTA fundraising activities, athletic concession sales, day field trip chaperones, and school beautification projects.
- May have unsupervised contact with students.
- Volunteer regularly.
- Testing Proctors
- Must have a clear background check.
- Must have adequate reference checks.
- Level II Volunteers may work in the classroom, serve as reading and math tutors, extracurricular coaches, mentors, and overnight field trip chaperones.