Here are the Vance Read To Achieve Results for 2017-18
The Read to Achieve Program is a part of the Excellent Public Schools Act which became law in July of 2013 and applies to all schools at the beginning in the 2013-2014 school year.
The State Goal § 115C-83.1A.
The goal of the State is to ensure that every student read at or above grade level by the end of third grade and continue to progress in reading proficiency so that he or she can read, comprehend, integrate, and apply complex text when needed for secondary education and career success.
- Developmental Screening and Kindergarten Entry Assessment (KEA)
- Elimination of Social Promotion
- Successful Reading Development for Retained Students
- Parent/Guardian Notification
- Accountability Measures
- Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Facilitating Early Grade Reading Proficiency