Asheville Middle School
Respect. Organization. Achievement. Responsibility.
- Asheville Middle School
AMS Summer Sports Workouts
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association(NCHSAA) released guidance for member schools regarding summer activities that align with NC Department of Health and Human Services directives in early June. The middle schools have been working closely with Asheville City Schools Central Office and Asheville High School to ensure our student-athletes will experience the safest summer workouts possible. Two middle school sports teams, football and cheerleading, have elected to host summer workouts. If you are interested in having your child attend workouts, they must have a physical on file or they will not be able to participate. If you need a physical, please contact your child's primary care doctor. You must turn in the official NCHSAA physical.
Currently, football is hosting workouts on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:00 at Asheville Middle School.
If you would like additional information, please reach out to AMS head football coach Scott Buchanan by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheerleading workouts are taking place Monday-Thursday 1:00-2:30 at Asheville Middle School.
If you would like additional information, please reach out to AMS head cheerleading coaches, Shauntey Jives or Lauran Brown at email@example.com. More information about protocols, expectations, and the schedule can be found here.
A few additional notes:
1. Please drop your child off at least 15 minutes ahead of time so they can be screened and ready to begin right on time.
2. If it will be their first workout, there will be multiple pieces of paperwork that need to be filled out so please come early.
3. Students must wear a mask when not working out and will remain socially-distanced the entire time.
4. Students should bring their own water bottles with their names clearly marked.
5. Parents will not be able to attend the practice. If they are to remain on campus, they must stay in their car.
At this time, no other sports have elected to host summer workouts. If this changes, you can find updates on the AMS Facebook page. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828.350.6226.