Asheville Middle School
Respect. Organization. Achievement. Responsibility.
- Asheville Middle School
How do I check my grades?
Posted by A. Cathcart on 4/17/2017 11:11:39 AM
A guide to grades from Ms. Cathcart
How do I check my grades online? Here's Ms. Cathcart's answer!
How do I log on to check my grades?
- Click the “Check My Grades” link on the left side of this page.
- Enter your Student UID (lunch number) and your password.
- Once the dashboard page loads, click to open your gradebook.
I am still having trouble. What do I do?
Mak sure you have “claimed” your NCED account. To do this you need to know:
- Your student UID number which you may know as your lunch number.
- Our school’s 3 digit LEA number. (Hint: It’s 111)
- Your date of birth in the format (YYYYMMDD). Use a zero as a placeholder if your month and day are single digits.
- A password that you will remember and meets the rules. Your computer password should work well for this. Or, use your formal Middle name and the year of your birth. Be sure to capitalize your middle name. You cannot use periods spaces or exclamation points in your password.
Here’s a video that shows you what to do to “claim” your account. You only have to “claim” your account once.
Wait! What are security questions?
- These are used when you forget your password and you need to recover it.
- They are the answers to the questions that “unlock” your account.
- Tips for answering these questions:
- 5 of the 10 questions must be answered but I recommend answering as many as you can.
- The answers must be 3 or more characters long.
- Answers cannot be repeated among questions.
- Answers can contain both upper and lower case letters.
Wait! I still am unsure about some things. Here is a brief FAQ with answers:
- What is a Student UID number?This is your lunch number. You should memorize this number if you haven’t already.
- What is our 3 digit LEA school number? 111
- What format will you use to enter your birth date? YYYYMMDD
- Why am I being asked if I am a robot? This is a security measure to make sure you are a real human asking for “entry” into the system.
- How many security questions must I answer? 5 but you can answer more if you have answers to add. I recommend answering all that you can.
- How long must each security answer be? At least 3 characters.
- What do I click to claim my account?
- Click “Check My Grades”
- From this page, click on the “Claim My Account” button at the bottom.
- On the next page, be sure to choose "Student Policy" from the drop down menu.
- Fill in the information asked for.
- Check the box saying you are not a robot and complete the task you are given.
- Set up your password. You will have to enter this twice.