What kind of health and safety measures are being taken when students return to campus?
- Face coverings are required for all students and staff on buses and school campuses.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken before staff and students enter an Asheville City Schools campus.
- Social distancing will include spaced seating on buses and in class, marked reminders on floors, and fewer people in the building.
- This means non-essential visitors and activities involving outside groups and organizations will be limited, and activities that involve bringing together large groups of people (like assemblies, performances and field trips) are discontinued until further notice.
- Staff will follow prescribed cleaning and disinfecting recommendations.
- Teachers will be encouraging increased handwashing and proper sneezing hygiene, and hand sanitizers will be available in each classroom.