Who is required to wear a mask?
- Asheville City Schools WILL continue to follow state guidance concerning masks, social distancing as well as other health and safety protocols. As these guidelines are updated at the state level, ACS will make adjustments.
- Pre-K thru 12th Grade: In alignment with the CDC and Buncombe County Health and Human Services’ recommendations for universal masking, all Pre-K thru 12th Graders WILL be required to wear face coverings consistently while inside during the school day regardless of a student’s vaccination status.
- Student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings while they are not actively engaged in rigorous physical activity.
- Staff: All staff, both school-based and district-wide support, WILL be required to wear face coverings consistently while inside during the school day regardless of their vaccination status.
- Face coverings WILL be required indoors by all individuals - including students, staff, visitors, children ages two or older, etc. - unless an exception applies.